Conditional logic is a feature inside the HelloWorks Portal giving you the ability to add conditional rules (AKA “if /then” logic) when building a HelloWorks form. When conditional logic is at play, participants flow through a personalized document workflow and will only see information relevant to them. To get started follow the steps below.
- Once you've added the field component which you'd like to apply conditional logic to use the plus sign towards the bottom left of your field and select conditional rule from the dropdown menu.
- You'll be promoted to your first step of creating the logic, 'If (All or Any) of the following are true.' Depending on your needs select either All or Any.
- Next select which field component you'd like to apply this rule to, the dropdown menu will list the fields which you're able to choose from. *You'll only be able to select from field components which are above where you're creating the conditional logic, so you're not able to apply a conditional rule to a field that is below where you're creating the rule.
- Now choose 'is, is not or is filled' to determine the match type to the option you'll be using to trigger the following workflow. For example, if you're using a multiple choice you'll select one of the options from the multiple choice question.
Now you've created the rule which should look something like this: If All of the following is true What is your favorite color? is Purple then show the following components.
- Using the plus sign to the bottom left of the rule you just created select the type of field component you'd like to show next. You can add as many as you need.
- To add another rule simply use any plus sign which populates between completed components and follow steps 1-6.