Merge fields allow you to pre-fill certain form inputs with values that the workflow owner might know already, making it easier for the end user to fill only what is needed.
For example, if you already know the name of who you are sending a form out to, you can pre-populate that information which makes the form filling process faster for the participant because it’s one less field they will need to fill out.
To use Merge Fields follow the steps below.
- Within your workflow, after adding a component navigate to the editor on the right side of the page. The last option will be 'Pre-fill', click on the circle to the right enable this feature for this particular component.
- Select 'Add new merge field' form the dropdown menu which populates once you turn on 'Pre-fill'.
- In the pop up box enter in the label or name of the Merge Field and click save, this will let you know what needs to be filled out when you launch your workflow.
- Return to the dropdown menu below 'Pre-fill' and select the merge field you just created.
- Finish building out your workflow, repeat steps 1-4 to add more merge fields to your workflow.
Now you've build out your workflow with your Merge Fields ready to go. When you launch the workflow you'll be prompted to add in the information for those fields so they will be pre-populated for your participants.